Sunday, June 29, 2008

Last "Weekend"

Weekends have been a funny word to me for the last three months and three weeks. Weekends aren't that big of a deal when you haven't worked since March 7th!! Every day was a weekend!

Starting work brings up so many mixed emotions! These last three months have shown me that when the time comes and if we can afford to do so (like if my writing career takes off), I think I'll be a really good stay-at-home mom! I rarely felt bored, and I know with a kid, a chance to be bored is a blessing!

Tomorrow is my last free day because my internship at the Capitol begins on Tuesday. I am really excited to get the insiders point of view of how our government works. We read about in political science classes, we see some stuff on the news, and we vote when election time rolls around, but now I get to be a part of it! You all know how much I love to learn and I know I'm going to be a congressional sponge!

My intern position only lasts until August 15th, that's how I'll be able to join Ryan at the beach house at the end of August and hang around SoCal for a whole extra week until September 7th! My goal is to get a full time staff position by shining as an intern! If that doesn't work out, hopefully I'll start getting calls from the university positions I applied to now that it's almost July and a new fiscal year.

Look for a full report on my first day on Tuesday!

By the way, I started a new blog for my writing business. If you look on the right on our blog list, it's the second one down "Renee: Freelance Writer". If you know anyone who needs proofreading, ghostwriting, editing, research, or anything similar, please refer them to this page! I'll be posting pdf's with some of my best work and updating regularly about my writing adventures!

No comments: