With a snow day expected tomorrow, I am so grateful to have a friend to share it with! Ryan is away on work travel all week so I have been solo-parenting. As much as I love getting to spend a whole day with Logan all to myself, the thought of a couple of days stuck inside without the chance to say, "go play with Daddy" was not very appealing. Luckily, my good friend Renee and her sweet boys came to our rescue and invited us to spend the night during the storm. We were so fortunate to have two friends invite us to stay the night! (Rakelle - I promise we will stay with you for the next snow day!) This will help ease both of our stress because now our boys will be able to keep each other company and we will be able to talk to another grown-up throughout the day.
With most of our family literally across the country, there's nothing like good friends to help in times of need. Did you know that good friendships can also reduce your risk of heart disease? Having very few or no close friends can increase your risk for first time heart attack by 50%! Friendships and social support reduce stress which reduces coronary inflammation. Friends are also great for encouraging healthy reactions and a heart-healthy lifestyle.
Thank you to all of my friends who supported me as I fought to get my healthy heart back and to all of you who support me now. My heart and I are grateful!
These little buddies definitely have healthy hearts!
![]() |
| Renee's son, Niles, and my son, Logan |

No comments:
Post a Comment