Monday, September 19, 2011

27 Weeks

How far along? 27 weeks. 3rd trimester! Baby J is due 3 months from today. If I stay on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy, it's very likely that we would actually deliver him in only 10 weeks by c-section, at week 37, to reduce my risk of hemorrhaging during active labor.

Weight gain? 21 pounds. Let's see how this weight gain progresses as I spend the next 4 weeks restricted to my bed and couch.

How big is baby? Baby J is probably about 10 inches long from head to tushie and weighs 2.4 pounds! His heart is staying strong, beating at about 168 bpm.

Maternity clothes? I get to spend the next month in leggings and pj's! I am probably one of the most comfortable pregos on the planet! I am bummed I don't get to wear my cute new fall clothes though. I got some great stuff for work that will just have to wait.

Sleep? I get to sleep whenever I want now!

Best moment of the week? I was really worried heading into our appointment today. It was wonderful to hear baby's heartbeat and then to hear our OB giggle when he kicked her hand 3 times in 10 seconds. It was also great to hear the bleeding isn't affecting him at all, thank goodness. Then, it was great to hear I wouldn't need to spend any more time in the hospital, at least for now.

Other great moments this week: Ryan COOKED a fantastic dinner Sunday night! Soy mustard glazed pork loin, mashed potatoes, and salad! So good! I'm so proud of him. It's a reassuring sign that he's going to continue to take great care of me. Having so many friends visit this week really made my week, too. I feel so loved!

Funny moment of the week? All weekend, I kept saying it would be a perfect weekend for baking. I had Ryan light gingerbread candles to make it smell like I'd baked. Sunday afternoon, he decided it was a good weekend for baking too and made a box of pumpkin bread.

As I was eating the first piece, he asked, "when the recipe calls for oil, what kind do you use?"

I immediately stopped chewing and asked, "what kind did you use?"

"Olive oil."

"Oh. That was wrong," I replied.

It's good, with the exception of the dinner-like aftertaste.

Symptoms? Lots of reassuring activity from Baby J, hot flashes, insomnia (which will be acceptable now), and a slow bleed. My OB thinks the blood I have resulted from a tear and the blood clot we see is from that bleed stopping. The blood that's coming out now is leftover from that tear. I just have to take it easy to prevent new bleeding while we wait for the placenta to hopefully move up as my uterus grows.

What I miss? Work! I wasn't prepared to leave yet!

What I'm looking forward to? Time for arts and crafts! And frequent naps!

Here's the 27 week bump!



And proof I'm taking it easy.

No comments: