Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Warm Apple Crumble on a Snowy Night

A few weeks ago, my friend Renee and I had the opportunity to go out for dinner without our children and husbands in tow. Everything was perfect until it came to dessert. We realized we are lame when it comes to dessert because we can't be typical women! There is almost nothing we can share! I cannot eat gluten and Renee cannot eat eggs or dairy.

When we made plans to have a snow day sleepover, I challenged myself to make a dessert for both of us and succeeded! Gluten-free vegan caramel apple crumble!!


For the apples, I used two quarts of pie filling that I made in the fall from apples our families actually picked together at a local farm.

For the crumble, I modified this recipe and followed the baking instructions they provided. Here's my recipe for the topping:

1/2 c light brown sugar
1/4 c oat flour
1/2 c old fashioned oats
1/4 c almond flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c melted Earth Balance butter

Then, I topped it with caramel syrup when I served it. It was sooooo delicious and the perfect warm gluten free vegan snowy sleepover dessert!

No comments: