Tuesday, August 16, 2011

22 Weeks



Ryan started taking paparazzi shots and I was cracking up.



How far along? 22 weeks! 5 1/2 months!


Total weight gain? 16 pounds.

How big is baby? About 12 inches from head to heel and he probably weighs just over a pound.

Maternity clothes? I am grateful I ordered a few pairs of leggings this week because some of my dresses are getting short. For the first time, I'm looking forward to autumn so I can actually be comfortable in the leggings.

Sleep? I can feel my hips spreading as of last weekend. My friend, Bryana, said she can picture Baby J spreading out across my pelvis like he's in a hammock. I imagine he is using my bladder as a pillow, so I'm waking up quite a bit.

Best moment of the week? Hearing Baby J's heartbeat. It really is the best sound I have ever heard. It's staying nice and healthy at a strong 168 beats per minute.

Funny moment of the week? Informing Ryan that I think my butt is getting wider. His favorite part of my anatomy is changing!

Symptoms? My lower back is aching a bit from my widening pelvis. I still have a few bumps from the heat rash I got when the air conditioner was broken in my office last week. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good. I love feeling this little guy wiggle around in my belly! The strong kicks and punches make me smile every time.

What I miss? Putting on clothes without wondering if they are too short! That refers to tops and bottoms!

What I'm looking forward to? Our friends from work, Joseph and Alice (if you remember, they rescued Ryan when he broke his nose), learned today they are expecting a baby boy! I'm looking forward to the boy's first play date! This Saturday, Dennis and Courtny will find out their baby's gender! They already have the results in an envelope and will open it in front of their family at dinner Saturday. I admire their patience. I know I couldn't wait! I'm so excited to find out of Baby J is going to have buddy or a future arranged marriage! ;-p

Here's the 22 week bump!


No comments: