Weight gain? 28 pounds. Sigh. I'm undoubtedly going to pass my limit. I wish I could go on walks and exercise.
How big is baby? Baby J is probably 18 inches from head to toe and weighs between 5 and 5.5 pounds. I'm beginning to feel every inch and every pound! Today, for example, he was really trying hard to flip around to be head up. I was laying in bed and felt him start to wiggle. His butt moved down one side and his head moved up the other so he was straight across my belly... but I think he got stuck! I felt him kick and punch and wiggle for about an hour until I finally decided I'd had enough and walked around the apartment for a few minutes. He finally turned back head down and calmed down. Our chubby little guy got stuck!
Maternity clothes? I'm so excited! One of Ryan's colleagues is on maternity leave with her last baby, so today, she brought over 3 huge boxes of maternity clothes she no longer needs! Even if I can't really wear it now, I may need some after having Baby J and will definitely use everything with the next pregnancy. Some of it may be too small for me, but if so, I'll share with my smaller prego friends out here.
Sleep? The weird thing is, I'm most comfortable when laying in bed, but I still have a hard time sleeping. Sitting is difficult now because Baby J is riding high in my ribs and loves to kick them if I'm not laying down, stretched out to his content.
Best moment of the week? Spending Saturday evening with the Pino family! Averi and I got to compare bellies, they brought dinner over, Ryan and I made dessert, and I helped the kids make birthday cards for the baby sister-to-be. Also, Ryan was such a sweet hubby today. I'm not supposed to strain forward because the placenta is low on the front of my stomach. Because I can't bend that far forward and can't leave the apartment, my pedicure has gone to shambles. Ryan was so awesome, he clipped my toenails for me!
Funny moment of the week? When Averi and I hugged Saturday night, it was so awkward! We both went straight in and bumped bellies! Ryan and Max were cracking up! It was like a couple kissing for the first time, we just didn't know where to put the bellies. We figured it out when they left though and we both went in for the hug at an angle.
Symptoms? For the first time Saturday night, I recognized that I was having a Braxton Hicks contraction. I was brushing my teeth and suddenly I felt my entire uterus tighten up. It was tight all over, so I had Ryan feel it too (while I was still brushing my teeth) and he freaked out. He made me lay down immediately, drink water, and relax. I'm sure I've had them before, but just didn't realize what they were, and I know I'll have them again. In fact, I had at least two on Sunday. This week, I also started to feel anxious about baby's arrival which could very easily be in just 4 weeks. I'm worrying about the c-section even though I know, in this case, it really is the best option. If it were 100 years ago, placenta Previa could make me bleed to death. This is what c-sections are for. I'm also beginning to worry about baby's room not being ready. I know there's no way to be 100% prepared. I just wish I could do more to help Ryan with the room.
What I miss? Sitting comfortably.
What I'm looking forward to? Going through these three massive boxes of maternity clothes and box of baby clothes we received from Ryan's colleague! Woohoo stuff!
Here's the 32 week bump...
With my belly buddy! Averi's 33 1/2 weeks!
And the kiddos working on their cards.
1 comment:
Wow! Baby is coming so soon! I love the belly bump photo with Averi! Too cute!
Post a Comment