Placenta Previa is most likely what's causing me to bleed right now. The NIH website makes the condition very easy to understand:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001902/
What a Previa shows us is that this baby is really a blessing! The tiny little egg he used to be was well on its way to being a period instead of a baby, but managed to attach to the uterine wall at the very last minute. What we have is a marginal Previa; the placenta is not covering the cervix, but it appears to be less than a centimeter away from it.
It seems that I'm right on schedule if you read the symptoms. I started bleeding right at the end of the second trimester. Our third trimester begins tomorrow! The bleed I have is slow and I haven't had any cramping. In just one week, I've seen that the bleeding stays consistent when I'm active and slows when I rest. We think this means if I'm not ordered to continue to rest tomorrow, I'll probably end up back in bed soon. The bleeding could very easily stop but start up again in a few days or weeks.
We're ready to do whatever it takes to keep the baby and me safe, even if means being stuck in an uncomfortable hospital bed for the whole 3rd trimester. Hopefully, we can keep this little guy cooking for as long as possible, but if we have to deliver early, he's already proved to us that he's a fighter. He's a baby that almost wasn't and now he spends the entire day (and night) kicking the crap out of me, reminding us how strong he is.
We're hoping for good news tomorrow, but we'll do whatever we have to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment