Thursday, January 30, 2014

Random Things I Adore About Logan - Age 2 Years, 2 Months


  1. The way he says "8" which sounds like "aaaaaate?"
  2. The way "8" shows up at least three times when he counts to ten: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 8, 10, 8...
  3. The way he skips, which looks like a gallop, always with the same foot forward.
  4. The confident way he runs. He looks like a little man ready to play soccer.
  5. Jumping. He jumps up and down whenever he has nothing else to do.
  6. The sideways glance he gives you when he thinks he's being sly.
  7. The way he thinks he's being sneaky when he runs off to "hide" and do something he should not be doing. It's hard to hide when mommy tells you not to do something and then runs off with said thing in his hand.
  8. The sweet way he nods when I ask if he's ok.
  9. The way he hugs everyone in the house when he goes to bed. He's a great hugger.
  10. How he asks for milk (pronounced "mukk") every night when I put him in his bed. Then he tells me, "I sit" and then sits and waits with his arms outstretched and hands open until I give him his milk.
  11. How he can't wait to help us do the laundry ("laundy") and take out the trash ("tash").  
  12. Hearing often that he's such a sweet boy.
  13. The way he knows he's in charge and delegates responsibilities: "mommy turn" or "dada turn."
  14. How he sticks his finger in his belly button for comfort.
  15. How he's learning about his emotions. He covers his ears and puts his head down if he's overwhelmed. When he's throwing a tantrum or not quite ready to get out of bed, I'll ask him if he needs a few minutes and he nods yes and lets me know when he's ready.
  16. The way he needs me: "mama help" (pronounced "hep") and "mama up peeze" when he wants to be held.
  17. How he goes bonkers when he sees himself on camera or TV. The kid loves selfies!
  18. His sweet dance moves and love of music. He has rhythm and plays Ryan's guitar more than Ryan.
  19. The way he watches your hands when you are teaching him something new like rolling play-doh or holding a crayon or drum stick. He tries to copy what your hands are doing.
  20. How he says "hi" and "bye" to every person entering or exiting the elevator.
And more and more and more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that kid :-)