Weight gain? 36 pounds... But fortunately, Ryan sweetly complimented me by saying I don't look pregnant from the back. Before becoming pregnant, one of my biggest nightmares was that I would look pregnant all over but I just FEEL pregnant all over!
How big is baby? Baby J is probably 20.5+ inches from head to toe and weighs between 7.5 and 8 pounds. On Wednesday, we'll have an ultrasound and OB appointment which may determine whether his expected arrival date moves up a bit due to his size and/or a deteriorating placenta. Since I did have a bleed, it's possible that the placenta might not hold up as long as it should.
Maternity clothes? At our OB appointment last week, I received permission to go on walks! Now that I get to go outside, I get to wear my clothes instead of living in jammies!
Sleep? Right now I'm actually glad I get up all night to pee. If that slowed down, it could be a sign of preeclampsia which is something we are keeping our eye on right now.
Best moment of the week? Getting permission to go on walks! I still need to take it easy, but it's been great to get out and breathe some fresh air before it becomes uncomfortably cold out. Ryan and I walked to our favorite sandwich place, my friend Bryana picked me up and took me to dinner, Ryan and I went to Buy Buy Baby and purchased a few more essentials for baby, and today we did some pre-baby stock up shopping at the grocery store. I feel semi-normal. As good as it feels to get out, my body is in shock! My muscles are totally depleted from 10 weeks of rest so moving, even just a little bit, really makes me feel the pregnancy in my back, belly, and pelvis. and I think I caught some sort of bug. I have a sore throat and congestion. I wish I could have been more active throughout the pregnancy, but I would do it ll over again to keep baby safe.
Other good news: my braces are finally off! Yay for chewing gum!!
Funny moment of the week? I have had several, "oh butterfingers!" moments this week. I drop at least three things every day: full glasses of water, cooking utensils while cooking, my cell phone, writing utensils, eating utensils... If it's in my hand, I will probably drop it.
Symptoms? My hands and feet are still swelling, so I'm now wearing a brace on my left hand for my runaway thumb. It's not carpel tunnel, just my crazy loose ligaments. The OB thinks wearing a brace now will keep it stable so picking baby up will not be uncomfortable. Also, my blood pressure was slightly higher than normal on Thursday, so we're looking out for signs of preeclampsia. There always has to be something!
What I miss? This week I miss using my thumb! I've had to do some creative handling in the kitchen which isn't easy considering how clumsy I have been. Thanksgiving dinner may have several challenges.
What I'm looking forward to? Ryan's taking an infant and child CPR class today and I can't wait to hear what he learns for keeping baby safe. I'm also looking forward to our ultrasound and OB appointment Wednesday, and becoming an overstuffed turkey on Thanksgiving! You think my belly is big now, just wait til it's full of turkey and maple pumpkin pie!
Here's my 36 week bump! When we bought this shirt back in May, it was huge! I had to roll it under to make it fit. Now, it's a completely different story. Notice I am only using the back burners so I don't catch my belly on fire!
And, I never thought my sausage toes could be any more sausagey, but apparently they can. This is how puffy I am around 4am. I think I need to start wearing frisbees as shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment