Thursday, July 7, 2011

16 Weeks



How far along? 16 weeks!

Total weight gain? 8 pounds... I'm back up to my wedding weight, yikes! I completely blame New York for the 2 pound jump from last week!!

How big is baby? 5 inches!! The only 5 inch food we had in the house this week was a Vidalia onion, so baby is the size of an onion! :-)

Maternity clothes? I'm about 60% maternity, 40% regular. I wore my bathing suit from last summer over the weekend and got lots of compliments on the suit and my belly!

Sleep? I was having trouble staying asleep in the morning because I was waking up starving, so we changed our evening eating schedule. Now, we eat a snack when we get home from work and then have dinner between 8pm and 9pm. Instead of waking up between 2am and 4am, I make it to about 5am before I have to get up and have first breakfast. I wish I could stay asleep though because I don't actually need to get up until 7am!

Best moment of the week? There were too many good moments last week to pick just one! We had an amazing weekend! We'll post about our weekend soon.

Funny moment of the week? On Sunday, I managed to hold about an hour and a half long conversation with Ryan's seven year old cousin, Liam. This was quite a feat. It totally impressed everyone that I managed to hold his attention for that long. We talked about many, many, subjects but, of course, the conversation often turned to the baby, so I can't say I was surprised when Liam asked, "how do babies get in mommy's bellies?" My reply went something like this, "um, uh, when a mommy and daddy fall in love, they can decide to make a baby. So, what do you think we should name the baby?" It kind of caught me off guard because I've thought about how I might answer that question for my own kid, but not someone else's!

Symptoms? Left hip=ow! I also have a stuffy nose, despite taking allergy meds daily, and my eyes are a bit watery. My fingernails are becoming ridiculously strong and long, which is awesome! I'm still a little sleepy, but I think that's also because work has been crazy the last couple of weeks.

What I miss? This weekend, it stunk to just sit back and watch Ryan play with the boys! Even though I got to swim and Shawn taught me how to shoot an air rifle, I didn't get to ride the swing, ride the wave runner, or race and play games in the pool! It does make me look forward to playing with our little one in the future though.

What I'm looking forward to? Starting physical therapy on Friday! After this week, I'll be taking physical therapy twice a week for the whole month. Hopefully, the therapy will provide some relief to my snapping hip and I can find some other things to do at home so I can feel a bit more comfortable and get some exercise. I want to feel like less of a lazy slob!!

Here's the 16 week bump!



And, a few bonus pics! Ryan's going to be such a fun dad!!



No comments: