Weight gain? 32 pounds. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my life and I sure am feeling it!
How big is baby? Baby J is probably 19.5 inches from head to toe and weighs between 6 and 6.5 pounds if he's gaining half a pound a week. Hopefully we'll get another weight estimate at our ultrasound Thursday.
Maternity clothes? I hung up everything I got from Ryan's wonderful colleague and now I officially have a full maternity wardrobe! I have more maternity pants than non-maternity pants in my possession. I'm starting to have problems with shoes though! My feet and hands have been getting puffy when I sleep. Since I spend most of my time laying down, you can only imagine how much worse it gets when I actually leave the house and walk around or sit somewhere for a little while. Thank goodness it's comfy boot season!
Sleep? Even though our bed is a huge cal king, I wish it was bigger so I could have a body pillow on each side. Rolling over with the pillow is so awkward, I feel like I might fall off the bed any night now!
Best moment of the week? On Thursday, I had the privilege of leaving the house TWICE in one day! We had an OB appointment in the morning with all good news. Baby J is definitely head down and his heart beat is great. Thursday night, I was out of the house at night for the first time in two months for our breast feeding class. We loved the class! It was so informative. Classes like these can come in a variety of perspectives and I like our instructor's point of view. It's good to know she represents the lactation consulting team at the hospital where we will deliver. I feel like we'll be strongly supported and encouraged in our effort to breastfeed. My favorite bit of information of the class was that some anthropologists believe we were designed to carry babies for 18 months, but when we evolved from quadrupeds to bipeds, the shape of our pelvis changed, limiting gestation to nine months. So interesting!
Funny moment of the week? I was sitting on the couch yesterday, putting coupons away in my coupon binder on the coffee tale, when Ryan glanced over and noticed a new development: my belly now sits between my legs! I've been carrying pretty high the whole pregnancy, but this weekend, I'm pretty certain baby dropped. Not only is it clearly visible, I feel more pressure on my pelvis and discomfort in my hips
Symptoms? Since baby dropped, he has more room to kick. Saturday night, he spent a good half hour kicking my ribs HARD! I had to walk around a bit to calm him down otherwise I think I might have ended up with a cracked rib. Crazy kid! Since he dropped, I'm hoping for less heartburn to make up for the even more frequent trips I am now taking to the restroom.
What I miss? So many of our friends have been able to take beautiful maternity photos with their pregnancies and I'm sad we missed that opportunity. When we learned we were expecting, I looked forward to being able to take some beautiful photos out in the woods where the colors are just so beautiful and vibrant right now. I love our weekly belly pics, but I don't think they compare to what we could have done outdoors.
What I'm looking forward to? This week is going to be fantastic! I have so much to look forward to! I really have to take it easy for the first half of the week to prepare. Thursday morning will be the first of our weekly ultrasounds with the maternal fetal specialist. We get to see our little man every week until he arrives! Saturday will be our east coast baby shower! I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family, being able to spend an afternoon relaxing outside of our apartment, and spending extra time with my sister Stacy, and two of my besties: Jacque and her hubby, Jeff, and Carol, and her hubby-to-be, Mike.
Here's the 34 week bump...
And the belly! Can you see my belly button just beginning to poke out?
2 comments:
You have great pics to remember you pregnancy with. I always like to read your blog to see what I have to look forward to in a few weeks :)
Just think, you money you saved by not taking maternity pictures will be money you can put towards amazing pictures of that little baby once he's here! Because trust me, you will want every pose of every picture! haha! It's SO CLOSE!!! And you look great!
Post a Comment