Tuesday, November 15, 2011

35 Weeks

How far along? 35 weeks.

Weight gain? 34 pounds... Oy!

How big is baby? Baby J is probably 20+ inches from head to toe and weighs between 7 and 7.5 pounds. At our ultrasound last Thursday, they estimated his weight to be 6 pounds, 13 ounces!

Maternity clothes? I was so happy to get dressed up for the baby shower! It'd been two months since I'd straightened my hair and wore makeup in the same day.

Sleep? Sleeping sucks! I'm trying to change up my bed time routine so I can get a longer stretch of sleep when I first lay down. I'm testing whether showering before bed helps relax me.

Best moment of the week? Visiting with family and friends at my baby shower on Saturday! See my previous post for photos.

Funny moment of the week? Stacy helping me put my new boots on, me breaking in my boots by wearing them with a strapless beach coverup so I wouldn't get overheated while getting ready for the baby shower and looking like pregnant Fontucky Barbie, and then needing Jacque to help me get the boots off at the end of the day! Also, hearing so many expressions of "wow, look at that belly" at the baby shower! You get crazy reactions when you've been in hiding for two months!

Symptoms? My hands and feet have been swelling quite a bit for the last few weeks, especially when I sleep. This mysterious thing happens at night where I wake up and my left thumb seems to have popped out of the socket, I feel my pulse in my fingers when I bend them, and I can't bend them enough to touch the palms of my hands! It improves somewhat throughout the day, but my thumb's been bothering me for a few days.

What I miss? Putting my boots on with assistants was a new challenge this week! I miss being able to easily reach my feet. Even putting lotion on them is awkward and difficult!

What I'm looking forward to? This week, we have what I think will be the first of our weekly OB appointments and we'll reach the 9-month mark on Monday!

Here's my 35 week bump... (this is one of my favorite pictures from the baby shower. Carol and I have been friends since I was 14!)

No comments: