Total weight gain? 3 pounds! I'm right on track for 13 weeks. I hope I can maintain a healthy pace and get some of my energy back in the next couple of weeks so I can exercise a bit more. Walking is so boring!
How big is baby? About 3 inches long from head to tushie! BabyCenter says it's about the size of a peach. We didn't have any peaches, so we used a baseball in today's picture (below). Baseball's are also about 3 inches. I read today that babies grow at different paces from now on. Different parts grow at different times. It will be interesting to see just how big this baby will be!
Maternity clothes? It seems like something moves from the "can wear" to "can't wear" closet every couple of days. One of my favorite skirts practically suffocated me by the end of the day last week and this morning, Ryan commented that today might be the last day I wear this dress because it's getting a little short in the front! I've only gained 3 pounds! How can this be?! My mini maternity wardrobe is going to have to expand pronto!
Sleep? Sleep is a challenge. I love doing it and wish I could do it all of the time, but the pain in my left hip is getting more and more uncomfortable. I'm looking forward to getting a body pillow next week. Hopefully that will help.
Best moment of the week? Our ultrasound on Friday was amazing! It took awhile, about 45 minutes, because Baby J was being a wiggly butt again. I was soooo uncomfortable by the end! I had to pee so bad, I had tears sneaking down my cheeks. It was all worth it though! Baby appears to be free of the genetic diseases they were looking for and has a very strong heart beat. The best thing was watching it move around and then stop for a moment to take a few gulps of amniotic fluid... we actually saw it open up it's little mouth and gulp it in! It was like a little fishy! So cute!
Funny moment of the week? Now that we've reached the 13 week mark, we've started talking about names. Some of what we've come up with has us in stitches! Here are a few of my "favorites" so far: Royce Joyce, Spartacus Joyce, Mack Joyce (kinda sounds like McJoyce), Jibroni Joyce (if you watch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", you'll see the trend in these names), and, after a friend suggested Chase, we came up with a name that would require us to change our last name: Chazee LeJoyce.
Symptoms? Some symptoms seem to be subsiding. I'm less sleepy and can go a little longer without a potty break. I still get queasy if I don't eat often. My gums are a little sensitive and I can see more veins on my feet and belly. I solved one of my symptoms today thanks to all of the reading I've been doing. For the last few weeks, I've been feeling really light-headed in the shower and it's accompanied by dry heaving and the need to lay down and drink ice water as soon as I get out. I learned that being in a hot room or hot shower opens capillaries on your skin and draws blood away from your organs which can make you feel light-headed. Today, I took a cool shower, with the shower curtain cracked open and the bathroom door wide open and I felt amazing! Best shower, best morning, I've had in weeks!
What I miss? Riding my bike. This weekend, we had to replace the car battery and Ryan had to ride his bike to the hardware store for the right size wrench. I was a tad jealous because it was a beautiful day for a bike ride. I can't wait til next spring to ride the trails with a little baby in a wagon behind the bike!
What I'm looking forward to? We have an appointment with the OB tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some suggestions for my snapping hip!
And, for your viewing pleasure... Genuine fatigue after a busy day of work! Baby J is about the size of a baseball.
And, here's my belly! Please keep in mind that the plumpness is aided by the Chipotle chicken bowl I had for lunch and ice cream party we had at work... ;-)
3 comments:
Congrats on everything being out in the open!! You are looking great and I can't wait for our shopping trip when you are here!!
darling posts! i just want you to know how happy I am for the both of you!!! What a blessing children are!
You are SO cute, I'm calling it now, it's a girl! And sounds are going smooth so far. But I hate to break it to you, sleep doesn't get a whole lot better! The bigger you get, the more uncomfortable you feel!
Post a Comment