Weight gain? 20 pounds. At this rate, I might go a few pounds over what I intended! Noooo! Hopefully, I'll be off pelvic rest soon and able to get a bit more exercise. I lost 30 pounds to become pregnant (and healthy in general), so I don't want to gain more than 30. I don't ever want to be back at my heaviest!
How big is baby? Baby J is probably 9 1/2 inches long from head to tushie and weighs 2.2 pounds! I almost can't believe he's getting so big! If I didn't feel him so strongly, I know I wouldn't believe it!
Maternity clothes? I'm looking forward to having some cooler weather this week. I bet all of my clothes will look better when I appear to be less sweaty!
Sleep? Is gone. Insomnia hit me hard last week. I can fall asleep just fine, within 10 minutes of going to bed usually. The trouble starts the second time I get up to go to the bathroom. I can't fall back asleep for hours afterward.
Best moment of the week? I think our best moment of the week this week had to be hearing that everything was going to be okay at the end of our unscheduled trip to labor and delivery early Sunday morning. Even though I tried to be as calm as possible, I was terrified that the blood I saw was coming from the placenta and that Baby J was in trouble, but our little guy is as strong as ever and the spotting I was experience was normal and not related to the low lying placenta.
Funny moment of the week? Ryan thinks it's hilarious that I make gasping and grunting noises when I sit down or get up. I had to remind him that it's tough gaining weight every single day!
Symptoms? I'm feeling lots of kicks, punches, and rolls from our little guy. He even punched my friend Whitney's hand at work today and she was so moved she started to cry! It was so sweet. All the healthy activity is a beautiful reminder of why I put up with the not so beautiful stuff like new pimples, being hot and sweaty, forgetting things, spotting, waddling, and being unable to sleep.
What I miss? Sleeping through the night.
What I'm looking forward to? Supposedly, I will be getting my braces off this week and then I'll get to eat carrot sticks and chew gum! Yes!
Here's the 26 week bump!
1 comment:
Are you keeping up with Jon & Holly? You've gained the weight he lost! haha! But you look fantastic girl! And there is a HUMAN growing in your belly!!!
Post a Comment