It's been two whole months that I have been home on bed/house arrest and even though I don't mind all the resting, crafting, and tv watching, being at home all day, every day, without a baby to snuggle with or even a cashier to interact with at the market, life gets pretty lonely. I couldn't have been more excited to spend a whole afternoon surrounded by friends and family.
Our celebration started Thursday when we received good news at our ultrasound which made us feel a lot more comfortable with the idea of me spending Saturday away from our home and the vicinity of our hospital. Thursday evening, my big sister, Stacy, arrived to spend a few days with us and attend the shower. We hadn't seen each other in a couple of years, so it was great to catch up in person. Plus, she's a nanny so I took advantage of getting great advice!
Saturday morning, Jacque and her hubby, Jeff, arrived to spend the weekend. While Jacque attended the shower with Stacy and me, Ryan and Jeff attended the Georgetown University basketball game where they had box seats to themselves! Their suite was fully stocked with beer, so needless to say they had a good time!
Whitney and Jocelyn did a fantastic job with the shower. They were great hostesses!
Everything was so sweet and elegant at the same time. For example, would you believe this lovely headband/fascinator is actually made from nursing pads?! Whitney wanted it to match the headband Traci made for my wedding. Jocelyn made all of the food and it was delicious!! I practically licked my plate...
It was great to catch up with colleagues who were so used to seeing me every day for the first and second trimester. They were all shocked by how much my belly has grown in the last two months and they were happy to see me on my feet. I was so happy to celebrate with family and old friends, too! I couldn't believe they drove in from Ohio, southern Virginia, and New York to celebrate Baby J! Everyone was so generous, Baby J was completely spoiled. I'm so grateful for our wonderfully thoughtful family and friends!!
This was the best weekend of my whole third trimester!
No comments:
Post a Comment