Yesterday was the perfect day for a yummy, creamy, soup. I spent most of the day putting up Christmas decorations and watching the leaves fall from the trees in the rain outside our window. I recently found this food.com recipe on Pinterest and changed it a little based on the ingredients and time I had available. Ryan and I both loved it. The soup had really rich flavor and didn't require any additional seasonings, not even salt or pepper. Here's the recipe.
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
10 oz can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups low fat milk
16 oz velveeta cheese cut into cubes (Ryan thought it could actually use a little less cheese)
14 oz frozen broccoli
Melt the butter in a soup pot. Add the onions and sauté until they begin to brown. Stir in the cream of chicken. Allow to heat through. Stir in the milk and allow to heat through. Add the velveeta and stir occasionally until melted. Add the frozen broccoli and stir occasionally until heated through.
Serve with warm bread. (We had Hawaiian rolls leftover from Thanksgiving and they tasted delicious with the soup).
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment