Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hobbies and Heart Health: Fact #19

 


Did you know having a hobby, something you are passionate about, can add two years to your lifespan? Hobbies reduce stress and help provide a sense of accomplishment.

Do you have a hobby? I sure do! For the past 3 years, I have been passionate about couponing!

I love the thrill of watching my grocery store, drug store, and department store totals drop with every coupon I hand over. I love having something to do with my idle hands at night rather than just sitting like a bump on a log watching TV. I love walking out of CVS with a bag full of household essentials after literally spending pocket change. I love when cashiers tell me, "I wish my wife shopped like you!" I love when people in line ask me where I get my coupons. I love hearing the cashier say, "you saved $120 on your groceries today" when I only spent $40. I love the excitement I feel when I find a good deal. I love when the cashier says, "we're going to need an override -- you saved too much money!" I especially love having more money in my pockets and a home full of the things we may one day need in an emergency.

My hobby relaxes me at the end of the day when I prepare for my next shop, makes my heart pump and my blood flow when I feel the thrill, gets me walking up and down store aisles and hauling bags, all while helping me save money and keeping my family safe.  

No comments: