Tuesday, September 6, 2011

25 Weeks

How far along? 25 weeks

Weight gain? 19 pounds. Thankfully, eating deliciously at the beach was not detrimental to my progress.

How big is baby? Baby J is probably 9 inches long from head to tushie and weighs 1.75 pounds.

Maternity clothes? I tried to wear a regular shirt today with a regular undershirt and a regular cropped jacket... epic fail. I was tugging at everything all day!

Sleep? Sleep did eventually start going well at the beach. It was nice to go to sleep and wake up whenever I wanted.

Best moment of the week? Every moment spent at the beach this week was amazing! Great family, great friends, great food, and great fun playing in the waves and laying in the sun. Well, mostly laying in the shade, actually. Ryan was afraid I would cook the baby if I got to hot or tanned to quickly!

Funny moment of the week? With so many great moments, it's tough to pick a standout from the week. I think we had the best laughs at the LA County Fair. I was really curious to learn what I would crave once I got there. I love going to Chicken Charlie's and trying the latest fried food (I have had, and did enjoy, the Krispy Kreme Chicken Sandwich). This year, it was fried kool-aid, which I would ordinarily try and I walked up to the register with the intent of ordering it or the classic fried oreo, but the words that came out were, "chicken and waffles please!" With everyone behind me already munching on their oreos and klondike bars, I heard Ryan say, "sometimes she likes to remind us that she's black." Everyone cracked up! It was so delicious! I ate every bite of those delicious syrupy waffles and cleaned every last bite of meat from those bones!

Symptoms? My back and hip pain disappeared by the second day at the beach. I was so relaxed! I am not looking forward to sitting in a desk chair this week. The heat rash I had from the humidity from my shoulders to my belly cleared up with a little sunshine, but now I have a few more regular pimples. Boo. Baby J is moving a lot! Sometimes, it makes me feel like I have to pee when he's low and kicking. Sometimes, it makes me feel queasy when he does a full body roll. The weirdest was when I felt a kick toward the back for the first time! Despite the discomfort, it's still the most amazing feeling I've ever experienced. I got a new symptom this week that many may think is gross but I think is amazing! I really, really, want to breast feed, for as long as I comfortably can, and I have a lot of signs pointing in my direction that say I can't. I think my hormone imbalance caused me to have breast hypoplasia (underdeveloped breast tissue/very little storage for milk), which I won't know for sure until Baby J is here, but I do have a lot of the physical signs. Now, don't read this part if you're not comfortable with over-sharing! For the last couple of weeks, my nipples would burn after I got out of the shower. Then, this week, they started to leak! Just a little bit every day, nothing to cause an embarrassing situation, but it's definitely a positive sign for me!

What I miss? When I put clothes away yesterday, I realized how much my belly had grown over the week when I attempted to close the door and smacked it right into my belly! Apparently, I need to be more conscious of my changing shape!

What I'm looking forward to? Hearing Baby J's heart beat again this week!

Here's the 25 week bump!





No comments: