How far along? 20 weeks! Also known as 5 months!
Total weight gain? 13 pounds.
How big is baby? 10.5 inches from head to heel!! Baby J is as long as this delicious homegrown cucumber.
Maternity clothes? About 75% of my wardrobe is now maternity.
Sleep? Sleep has been tough because it's so dang hot! Even with the AC on, I'm sweating buckets.
Best moment of the week? Seeing our healthy, handsome, little guy during our ultrasound on Thursday! He's developing just as he should and we can already tell he's going to be a cutie pie!
Funny moment of the week? For the last few months, I would say the majority of our friends predicted we were having a boy, but then suddenly, people started changing their minds. My mom even dreamed about a little girl. The whole time, Ryan had his heart set on a boy. We waited patiently for the point in the ultrasound when baby's gender would be revealed, and when she finally announced it, Ryan yelped and clapped! He just couldn't hide his enthusiasm.
Symptoms? Last week's ultrasound revealed a low placenta. Usually, the embryo attachs high in the uterus and the placenta develops somewhere near the top. In order to prevent the bad symptom of bleeding or even premature labor, I am on pelvic rest for the next 8 weeks. No exercise, no lifting over 5 pounds, and sadly, no hanky panky. Hopefully, as my uterus grows, the placenta will move up so the risk of bleeding is reduced and I can have a natural childbirth as planned. If not, I'll need a scheduled c-section to prevent hemorrhaging.
What I miss? Sleeping without snacks.
What I'm looking forward to? I can't wait until Ryan can feel the baby move. I think it's just amazing to feel him fluttering and kicking. This morning, I woke up at about 3:30am in need of a snack. I had a slice of leftover pizza and then sat on the couch for a few minutes to digest. Suddenly, I felt a push into my hand! It was the first big move I felt from the outside. I waited another couple of minutes and then baby went crazy! Hands and feet were kicking and punching at the same time. I could just imagine him thinking "pizza for breakfast! Yes!" He was having a little party in my tummy.
Here's the 20 week bump!
No comments:
Post a Comment