Tuesday, August 30, 2011

24 Weeks

How far along? 24 weeks

Weight gain? I'm not sure. We don't have a scale at the beach house... Plus this week, I'm not sure if I want to know!

How big is baby? Baby J is likely about 8.5 inches long from head to tushie and 1.5 pounds. My friend Jenn is in school to become a labor and delivery nurse and in one of her classes yesterday, she learned an equation for predicting a baby's adult height based on his parent's height. Our little 8.5 inch mango may grow up to be 6'2"!

Maternity clothes? Everything I brought to the beach house is maternity with the exception of a jacket, 2 undershirts, 4 dresses, 1 pajama shirt, and about 1/2 of my undies. I think I still have a pretty good mix.

Sleep? Sleep has been difficult this week. Aside from the ordinary potty breaks and hip and back discomfort, I miss my body pillow and my comfy bed at home!

Best moment of the week? My baby shower! My other half, Amber, planned an amazing baby shower with the help of my mom, mother-in-law, and her wonderful aunts. We had it at Prego Ristorante in Irvine and it was a perfect venue. We had our own beautiful room and the food was delicious. We had amazing garlic bread, salad, pasta, and tiramisu. The portions were huge and everything was delicious. The service was great too. I love playing games at showers and Amber definitely chose some great ones: guess the nursery rhyme, choosing Baby J's ideal attributes, guessing how much of Baa Baa black sheep's wool (cotton) was in three bags (mason jars) full, and the highlight, nursery rhyme pictionary. Everyone was cracking up playing pictionary! Baby J got spoiled with some wonderful gifts: lots of gift cards, some adorable little outfits and accessories, and a homemade blanket, hoodie towel, scarf, beanie, and mittens. Our little guys is going to be so cute and cozy this winter! It was so wonderful to be able to celebrate with our family and friends on the west coast. I'm so grateful to Amber for planning such a fantastic shower!

Funny moment of the week? Ryan and I have been having a terrible time deciding what to name Baby J. Baby J just won't fly after birth! We put together a list of our favorite names to have our friends and family vote on this week. We're hoping they can help us narrow it down from a top 30 to a top 3, so we can name him one of the top 3 when we see what he looks like. Enabling people to see what we're thinking of has brought about some funny name associations, for example:

Ace = Ace hardware
Bran = Bran flakes
Brock = Brock, sounding like bok bok! Like a chicken!
Calvin = Calvin Klein
Duke = Baby Dooky
Duncan = Duncan Hines
Flint = Flintstones

Symptoms? Back and hip discomfort are in full force this week. I felt like my tail bone was swollen after flying. Aside from that, I feel pretty good and Baby J is becoming more active daily!

What I miss? I used to be able to spend hours laying out, soaking up the sun, but laying out has become very awkward. I can't lay flat on my back because it kills my pelvis, so I have to lay on my side like I'm going to sleep and flip over often. Plus, Ryan won't really let me sit in the sun. This will definitely be my most pale summer.

What I'm looking forward to? Spending the rest of the week with family and friends on the beach! I love vacation!

We'll post new pictures soon!

No comments: