Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bomb Diggity Chicken

I have to admit, when chicken is on our dinner menu, it is usually the boneless, skinless, variety. Sometimes, though, I need a little chicken skin! I roasted a whole chicken today and it was FANTASTIC! It was so easy and probably the best homemade roasted chicken I've had.

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken (ours was 7 lbs)
4 tbsp melted butter
4 cloves minced garlic
sea salt
pepper
mixed dry Italian herbs (I used the McCormick Italian Seasoning grinder)

Preheat your oven to 375. Spray the rack of a roasting pan with olive oil spray or brush with olive oil or butter. Rinse your chicken inside and out and place on the roasting rack breast side up with the wings folded back. Brush the chicken with the melted butter then rub in the minced garlic. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and herbs liberally. Roast for 2 hours.

So easy and so delicious! It will smell amazing within about 5 minutes of putting it in the oven!

Sorry there's no picture. I pulled it out of the oven just before running out the door to my sewing class. Of course, Ryan devoured it while I was out (yes, he saved a good amount for me). Upon tasting it, he realized he should have taken a picture, but it was too late!

No comments: