Yum!! Sometimes switching from wheat flour to an alternative flour can make a recipe really complicated. With this recipe for chocolate chip cookies, that's not the case! This delicious recipe is found on the back of the Arrowhead Mills Organic Spelt Flour package. The difference in flavor is noticeable, but it's still really good, especially if you are itching for a chocolate chip cookie.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup Turbinado Sugar (Raw Sugar) -- I used regular sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cup spelt flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or a little more!)
Preheat
oven to 350ยบ. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with the sugar,
egg and vanilla. Blend in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir
well. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop onto an greased (I used butter) baking sheet by
teaspoonfuls and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until done.

1 comment:
I don't think spelt is gluten free! :-/
Post a Comment