Total weight gain? +2 pounds... I lost a pound since last week, so I know for sure it was the cruise food! Now that I'm back to a normal schedule (no more 2nd dinners!), I should be able to gain weight at a normal rate.
How big is baby? About the size of a blueberry ("Anchorman" Quote)
Maternity clothes? Nope, but they're on sale at Target this week, so I think I might get a belly band so I can wear my pants comfortably.
Sleep? Every time I sit in a meeting, I want to fall asleep. Every time I sit down, I want to fall asleep! I can't sleep for long though because I still have to pee!
Best moment of the week? Learning that our little blueberry is starting to grow limbs! It's not just a blob! It's a little person! Also, every day, my friend Jocelyn takes the time to take a walk with me at work. It's great to get my blood flowing, get some fresh air, and keep from falling asleep, but it also gives me some extra time to spend with her before she leaves our company to begin an immersion program in Morocco! I'll miss my buddy so I'm super grateful for our walks!
Funny moment of the week? Ryan's been getting daily updates on pregnancy progress and he loves to share the highlights with me. One day last week, as I was coming out of the shower, he informed me how to pee! Apparently, if I sit for a minute and lean forward I can make the most of my time on the throne. I've also succumbed to hormone overdrive and seem to be having mood swings at least once a day. Late last week, as I was taking out the trash (Ryan's chore), and he made a half attempt to do it himself. I snapped about how he doesn't take out the bathroom trash so it doesn't matter anyway and he came running into the room screaming "Montana! Montana!" Apparently, this is our safe word! When he says "Montana," I have to shut up.
Symptoms? Still sleepy, still peeing, still eating light during the day and more at dinner, but if I try to eat a lot, I feel miserable! Everything makes me burp (more than normal!). This week, I had a few bouts of feeling light-headed. No vomiting! Yes!
What I miss? I just started receiving laser hair treatments about two months ago to get rid of the chin hairs I've had and hated for so long, but I can't continue with the treatments until I'm done breastfeeding! I had an appointment scheduled for Thursday but had to cancel until further notice.
What I'm looking forward to? Seeing the nurse next week to start calming some of my fears. I'm in a total panic about my hormones because it isn't something I can see or feel. I've been reading about common symptoms and have read over and over that, by now, it's common to experience breast tenderness and growth and I haven't really had either. I fear this is because my levels of androgen are always a bit high and progesterone is always low. I'm worried that this could be having a negative effect on our little blueberry's support system. As crazy as it sounds, I'm looking forward to getting my blood work done!
No comments:
Post a Comment