Sunday, February 2, 2014

Exercise and Heart Health: Heart Fact #2

Superbowl Sunday, as one of our party guests stated, is only matched by Thanksgiving in terms of indulgence. It's true! Today we feasted on chili, chicken wings, deviled eggs, queso, chips, guacamole, crackers, hummus, cookies, M&M's and, thankfully, at least a handful of veggies. I am grateful I spent the greater part of the weekend in the pool with Logan at swim class (which is actually a challenge for me), hiking around Mount Vernon (also a challenge for me), and playing at the park (not a challenge at this particular toddler-friendly park, but the walk to get there is for me). With that in mind, I'd like to share my healthy heart fact of the day:

Walking briskly for at least 17 minutes per day reduces your risk of heart disease by 40%! Learn more here.

Get out and get moving! Your heart will be grateful and so will all of the people out there who care about you.

No comments: