Weight gain? 30 pounds. I have officially reached my pre-pregnancy and pre-weight loss all-time high fat weight. I could feel really bad about this, it definitely does not feel good to be at my all-time heavy weight, but at least this time it's not because I am a lazy slob, but because there's a chunky little boy growing in my belly. I know in just a few weeks, I'll begin the ultimate weight loss plan: giving birth, breastfeeding, and finally being able to walk after spending my entire third trimester in bed! I've lost the weight before and I will definitely lose it again. I felt great before I became pregnant and I want to make sure I'm a good health and fitness role model for our son.
How big is baby? Baby J is probably 19 inches from head to toe and weighs between 5.5 and 6 pounds if he's gaining half a pound a week.
Maternity clothes? I'm so grateful to Ryan's colleague who brought over the three boxes of maternity clothes. After sifting through everything, I pulled out one box worth of awesome clothes to round out my maternity wardrobe for when I return to work and for future pregnancies. I think I more than doubled what I had in my closet. I'm looking forward to sharing the remaining two boxes with other pregos!
Sleep? I'm totally ready for 11pm, 2am, and 5am feedings! I sleep in naps.
Best moment of the week? This week, Ryan reorganized our living room! Yay!! We've decided to stay in our place for another year as long as they don't screw us over with a rent increase this winter. We realized we needed to make adjustments in all of our rooms to make room for baby boy and all of his stuff. Ryan moved all of our living room furniture around and we now feel like we have a lot more space to stretch out on the floor for tummy time and open up the pack and play when little man is on the move. We also feel like our sitting space is better situated for conversations which will be great for all of the company we are expecting in the coming months. Overall, our place is starting to look grown up too! I guess it's about time!
Funny moment of the week? I'm really feeling pregnant nowadays and Ryan thinks it's so hilarious every time he hears me grunt and gasp when I get up from sitting on the couch or attempt to roll over in bed. It's crazy, especially since I've been at this weight before, but it's so different when it's concentrated in a belly that moves rather than evenly distributed in a fat layer all over my body!
Symptoms? Last week I wrote that I was really beginning to feel anxious about having a c-section. Fortunately, my BFF, Jenn, is in school to become a labor and delivery nurse and helped calm my fears. She and one of her classmates had me on a conference call over the weekend and answered my million questions based on what they've experienced and learned about so far. I still have a few more questions for my OB team based on my specific situation and hospital policies, but I feel so much better overall thanks to Jenn and Kim. Other than that, the other symptoms bugging me this week are the return of the metallic taste in my mouth shortly after eating anything, mild swelling in my hands and feet while I sleep, and an upsurge in my pregnancy rash which is now on my shoulders, neck, chest, belly, and back, but there's nothing I can do about it-- it's just those dang hormones!
What I miss? Going to the movies. It's always been one of my favorite activities. Ryan hates going to the movies for the most part so it has always been one of those things I do when I need some me time and we have some great theaters around here that show awesome independent films. I feel like I've missed some good ones in the last few months and it may be years until I get to escape to the movies again!
What I'm looking forward to? My hair lady, Jen, is fabulous and found a nail lady for me! She's coming to my apartment this afternoon to give me a pedicure! Yay! Plus, it's Halloween! Ryan and I finished my costume last night and I can't wait for trick-or-treaters to come to our door today! This will be the most social interaction I've had in weeks!!
Here's the 33 week bump... In costume!
2 comments:
I know it must be relief to decide to stay in your home for another year- here's to hoping they take care of you on your rent. Happy Halloween!
Was in L/D again yesterday and nursery last week....everything I do I'm like, this will help Renee, can't wait to show Renee how to do this...hahaha, love you!!!
Post a Comment