Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Semi-Homemade Gluten Free Pizza

A few weeks ago, Harris Teeter was running their super doubles deal and I managed to get my hands on Rudi's Gluten Free Pizza Crust for FREE. Gluten free anything is almost never really free, so I was super excited! I was even more excited to learn they were also free of potato flour and potato starch -- double win! In most restaurants or fast food pizza places, the first ingredient they use to substitute wheat flour is potato flour.

Tonight, Logan and I made two pizzas for dinner to try out this new crust. He was such a good helper! He oiled the pan, spread the sauce, piled on the cheese, and spread the pepperoni, pineapple, and ham, munching on the toppings along the way of course.

Normally, a meal like this, especially using gluten free crust, would cost a family $15 to make, but I only spent about $2.50 on all of the ingredients. With coupons, the crust, ham, and pepperoni were free. The pasta sauce was $0.40, the pineapple was $0.10, and the cheese was $2.00. Not bad for a gluten free meal! And, we wolfed it down!


The crusts come in a pack of two and I'm happy I have another pack in the freezer for our next easy gluten free pizza night (I'm thinking spinach, tomato, and chicken alfredo... and, yes, I already have all the ingredients).

No comments: