Weight gain? 24 pounds. Baby J is probably gaining half a pound a week.
How big is baby? Baby J is probably 17 inches from head to toe and weighs between 3 and 3.25 pounds.
Maternity clothes? We had a situation this week where I officially ran out of the maternity pajama and loungewear tops I live in 24/7 so I found myself trying to cover my belly by wearing a regular tank top, but leaving my yoga pants unrolled on top so they were a few inches above my belly button. It did the job but felt very awkward. Clearly, we need to do laundry more often.
Sleep? I somehow managed to develop a UTI this week, so sleep is impossible. I'm up every hour or two to use the bathroom. Hopefully the penicillin I am taking kills the infection quickly.
Best moment of the week? Ryan put together the changing table and the swing! We can change baby's poopy butt and soothe him when he's fussy!
Funny moment of the week? We've been keeping an eye on my belly button for the whole pregnancy. I have a very deep innie. My mom's belly button is the same. We always joked that her belly button was so far innie it popped out her back. It didn't look like mine was changing at all until a few weeks ago when Ryan noticed it was becoming more shallow. He loves my belly button, so he's been paying close attention. This week, suddenly, he was grossed out. My belly button has become so shallow, we can see the button!
Symptoms? UTI, major congestion, and mood swings... Sorry Ryan! I nearly ripped his head off at least three times on Sunday. I really think it's a combination of the third trimester, being trapped inside for a month, and having to rely on Ryan for just about everything. Mood swings are horrible because I feel myself being awful but I just can't stop it.
What I miss? Right now, we have some bananas on our counter that would be perfect for a banana bread. I really wish I could bake something!
What I'm looking forward to? Our next ultrasound will be this Thursday. As always, we're looking forward to seeing our baby boy, but we're really hoping to see some changes in the height of my placenta. At our last ultrasound, the placenta was less than 1 centimeter from my cervix. It will have to be at least 2.5 centimeters away from the cervix for my bed rest to end and for our chance of having a natural birth to increase. If it hasn't moved up, I'll probably have to stay on bed rest and will likely require a c-section. Keep your fingers crossed!
Here's the 30 week bump!
2 comments:
you look so cute, mama! wow, 30 weeks already?! he'll be here before you know it! :)
Renee, you are looking so good. I'm very happy that you are free and clear to bake and keep yourself busy and soothed so there is less head ripping :) Take Care!
Post a Comment