How far along? 11 weeks according to the sonogram. Hopefully, we'll have a better gauge with our next sonogram on Thursday!
Total weight gain? 1.5 pounds! I blame the delicious barbecue we had yesterday!
How big is baby? About 1.5 to 1.75 inches long! About the size of the cork I'm holding in the picture. In terms of fruit, it's a little fig!
Maternity clothes? Ryan took me on a maternity clothes shopping spree! I now have at least a week's worth of work clothes and undies, as well as some comfy clothes for the weekend. We found some good weekend stuff at Old Navy and great work stuff at Gap and, surprisingly, Sears! I was totally impressed by Sears. I can't remember the last time I got so much clothing at once!
Sleep? I've learned that even when I take a 2 hour nap at 6pm, I will be ready to sleep at 10pm, and will sleep most of the night with the exception of bathroom breaks.
Best moment of the week? Yesterday, I spent hours talking to Ryan's colleague's wives, Jackie, Teague, and Ayana, all about pregnancy, labor, having preemies, having trouble getting pregnant, etc. They were so excited when we told them we were expecting and the stories just poured out!
Funny moment of the week? I used to play on my office softball team, the Tree Sluggers. This year, since I am unable to play, Ryan is my "subby" (my hubby who is my sub). Ryan was a bit shocked on Tuesday when random people on the team would come up and congratulate him! Even though we've been trying not to go public, as you can see in the pictures, it's getting hard to hide this belly! People who know we're still newlyweds, know how excited I am about having kids, and know how much weight I lost going to the YWCA after work all week have just come right out and asked! I wasn't going to lie and let them think I was putting on weight!
Symptoms? New symptom this week! Sensitive gums! No fun! Flossing is quite painful. It also feels like my hair has grown about an inch in the last two weeks. My split ends are really obvious now. Time for a trim!
What I miss? Well, today I found myself dry-heaving in the shower. Yuck! Yesterday's 45-minute car ride to the BBQ made me feel motion sick. I miss not feeling queasy!
What I'm looking forward to? Our ultrasound on Thursday! We can't wait to see our little fig again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment