Monday, June 13, 2011

10 Weeks

How far along? 10 weeks according to the sonogram, 11 weeks according to math. Hopefully, we'll have a better gauge with our next sonogram on June 3rd.

Total weight gain? Still just +1 pound! I never thought maintaining my senior year of high school weight would be this effortless, especially while pregnant and far too exhausted for my normal exercise! I know it will change soon enough, though.

How big is baby? About 1.25 to 1.5 inches long! About the size of the seashell I'm holding in the picture. (And my uterus is the size of a grapefruit).

Maternity clothes? I got a pair of maternity jeans and maternity denim shorts from H&M last week and they were exactly what I needed for our weekend. We went to a baseball game Friday and Preakness Saturday and I know I would have been extremely uncomfortable if I had tried to wear regular jeans or fiddle with my belly band.

Sleep? I wanted to sleep all day Sunday. Baby J definitely thought I partied too hard Friday and Saturday. I'm still getting up about 4 times a night.

Best moment of the week? Telling Jacque!

Funny moment of the week? How Jacque found out! Friday night, Jacque drove down from Philly to join us in Baltimore for the Orioles/Nationals game (the Nats kicked butt by the way!). We were lucky enough to get free tickets to AT&T's box with Ryan's colleagues and their families. We'll be seeing them again next weekend for a barbecue and will share our news with them then, so Ryan made me promise not to tell Jacque until AFTER the game! I wore a loose shirt to hide my little bump and kept my lips tightly sealed. During the 5th or 6th inning, Ryan learned about a cool way to take pictures on his phone. By doing a panoramic sweep, the camera turns the action shot into a panoramic picture. Ryan took a few sweeping pictures of the stadium and then showed Jacque and me the pictures. While scrolling through the pictures, Ryan flipped to a picture of our sonogram! He quickly flipped it back before she realized what she saw... but then accidentally flipped back to it again!! Then she knew what it was and turned to me with an "ohmygosh" look on her face and I just put my finger on my lips and whispered "shhhhh"! Ryan knew he messed up big time! Jac gave me a big old hug and we sat there for two minutes totally quiet until I suggested we get some ice cream so I could finally tell her all the details. I still can't believe Ryan blew the secret!!

Symptoms? If I'm hungry, I'm nauseous. Even drinking water makes me feel like I could puke. I often wish I could just puke and get it over with, but I haven't been so lucky! I try to just keep from getting hungry. It's a viscous cycle! I'm also starting to have trouble with my hip. I have snapping hip syndrome which means my tendons in my hips are really tight and they snap over my hip joint. With repeated snapping they become inflamed. I think it's causing some problems for me because I get more and more uncomfortable throughout the day until I feel like I have a huge knot in my left butt cheek and a shooting pain all the way from the knot to my foot. No bueno!

What I miss? Being able to walk without my butt hurting. Also, wearing my favorite jeans.

What I'm looking forward to? Sharing the news with Ryan's colleagues next weekend and our pool opening!! I know swimming will be so relaxing and potentially some good exercise.




No comments: