How far along? 21 weeks! I can't believe we're already in our 6th month.
Total weight gain? 14 pounds.
How big is baby? 11 inches from head to heel!! He's as long as a piece of paper.
Maternity clothes? I have a handful of dresses and some cardigans that aren't maternity, but everything else is.
Sleep? Still sweating buckets... damn you increasing estrogen!
Best moment of the week? Our week was full of great moments! Here are the top three.
Ryan finally felt the baby kick! This week, his little kicks and punches have been getting stronger and stronger every day. By Monday and Tuesday last week, I was certain they would be strong enough for Ryan to feel them and they were. Not 20 minutes later, we could see the kicks! Ryan could see a little spot on my tummy move from across the room. I can't believe I can feel his movements so strongly when he's still going to grow twice as tall as he is now and probably eight times heavier. We definitely have a future athlete on our hands.
Whenever we are in California, we stay with our friends, Dennis and Courtny. We stay with them at Christmas, we get a beach house together in the summer, and we even lived together after college. And, now, our kids will get to grow up together! They announced that they're 13 weeks pregnant!
We went to the driving range Sunday and I had the sweetest picture in my head. I was able to look about 6 years in the future and could imagine Ryan, his dad, his brother, and our son, all at the driving range together. When I told Ryan what I'd pictured, he got the biggest grin. It was so sweet!
Funny moment of the week? Ryan vetoed two outfits this week. Apparently, this belly is doing a great job of making some of my dresses look a bit skanky. I had to order some leggings because I am not ready to give up dresses that actually fit around me!
Symptoms? I have had some super symptoms this week: very vivid dreams, hot flashes, long but thinning hair and flatulence! The dreams are crazy!! They have absolutely nothing to do with anything I do or see during the day and some are kind of creepy. It's hard to believe I am having dreams this vivid, especially when I don't think I'm sleepy enough to get some good z's. Hot flashes are no fun, especially in the middle of the most humid summer I've ever experienced. I had to cut three inches off my hair this week. Boo! It's growing so long, but looked so thin! This shorter 'do should help plump it up a bit. And, oh, the flatulence! My intestines have really stepped it down a notch this week and I have become the queen of burping and, yes, farting. I'm just waiting for my first public slip.
What I miss? Exercising. Seriously. I worked so hard to get in shape to become pregnant and exercising really became a part of my life. I can't believe I haven't had good exercise since April. We exercised on the cruise, went on a good bike ride after getting back, but then the piriformis syndrome flared up and it hurt to exercise and now I'm not allowed to exercise because I have a low placenta. It's frustrating. I feel so lazy!
What I'm looking forward to? We get to hear the heartbeat tomorrow! I get so excited whenever I get to hear him, see him, and feel him wiggle. His little heartbeat is the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.
Here's the 21 week bump! I definitely look pregnant now!
3 comments:
You look sooo beautiful and healthy! I can't wait to see you, I love you, Mom
Yes you do look so beautiful!!! I love how honest and funny you are! Cherish this time, it has been the best best best time in all of my 27 years thus far.... I love being a mom.
I love hearing about pregnancy! You give so many details, and you make it seem a lot less scary than it looks. I am so happy for you and Ryan! Congrats sister.
Post a Comment