I used this recipe from crockpotladies.com for the crock pot Hawaiian chicken drumsticks. My only change was using ground ginger instead of fresh and blending my canned pineapple chunks in the blender because I didn't have crushed pineapple.
Baking my rice in the oven is my new favorite thing! I am horrible at making rice. Even when I had a rice cooker, I burned it every single time. When I made it on the stove, it always boiled over and made a huge mess! Making it in the oven is mess-free and hard to burn! You can use an 8x8 or 9x9 dish. Pour 1 1/2 cups of brown rice into the dish. Heat 2 1/2 cups of either water or low sodium chicken broth in the microwave for about 3 minutes (this speeds up the cooking time). Add the water or broth to the dish. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for one hour. Check to make sure all the water has been absorbed and enjoy!
To finish the meal, I topped the chicken and rice with the glaze from the chicken and added some canned green beans on the side. It got the Logan seal of approval!
![]() |
| First time eating chicken off the bone! |



No comments:
Post a Comment