Total weight gain? 17 pounds.
How big is baby? About 12 inches from head to heel and he probably weighs 1.1 to 1.3 pounds.
Maternity clothes? We went on a little shopping spree over the weekend so I could get some fall attire. I picked up a few new dresses, tops, and cardigans. I am having the hardest time finding good pants to wear to work! I need a brown pair and a grey pair, a warm coat, and some flat boots, then I will be set with my prego wardrobe basics.
Sleep? Sleep is the trickiest thing. Sometimes, I am able to sleep for three or four hours at a time, but at other times, I am up every hour and a half or I wake up at 4am unable to fall back asleep. I really do feel like this is practice for when the baby arrives, but I wish I could take advantage of these last few months being diaper-free!
Best moment of the week? Today, Baby J experienced his first earthquake! Earthquake? In Washington, DC? Oh yes! Today, we were rocked and rolled with a 5.8 magnitude shaker. I think Baby J sensed it the way dogs do. He went nuts for about 2 hours! It was pretty funny observing my colleagues reacting to their first earthquake. If you didn't know what it was, I know it would be pretty scary, especially in our 10-story glass-walled building when you are on the 9th floor. I share my cubicle with another Cali native and we knew just what to do! We slipped right under our desks, laughing at how familiar it felt and how panicked everyone else was. It was nice to be the one providing comfort to everyone, letting them know that the worst was probably over and teaching them what to do the next time they find themselves in an rumbling situation.
Plus, we learned that Dennis and Courtny are expecting a boy! Our little guys are going to grow up together!!
Funny moment of the week? Well, it had been awhile since it happened and it was bound to happen again sometime... Ryan had to "Montana" me on Saturday. Mott's apple juice was on sale at my grocery store this weekend plus I had a coupon, so I had to get it. I picked the "Natural 100% fresh pressed" version without paying any particular attention to why it was different. I was exhausted from a day of running errands and not in the mood to read labels, plus I am still getting used to Ryan being at the grocery store with me in the first place. As we're walking away from the aisle, Ryan starts asking, "what's the difference between the natural one and the regular one? Why is it darker than the regular one? Aren't all apple juice's pressed? What makes it more natural?" So, I take off ahead of him and reply, "if you're so curious, why don't you do some research, write a report, and then tell me all about it!" Then I got the "Montana" and had to shut up.
Symptoms? Cravings are making an appearance this week. I've been in the mood for pasta, dairy anything, and cereal, cereal, cereal. No weird cravings though, thank goodness! Well, we did have cupcakes for a colleague and I make up a cupcake in my imagination that sounded delicious: pancake cupcake, cream cheese frosting, sprinkled with chocolate covered bacon. I think I would like that anytime though!
What I miss? Being able to shave my legs without adjusting my stomach. It's an awkward angle.
What I'm looking forward to? Seeing our family and friends in a few days! I can predict a lot of belly touches in the next couple of weeks and that is OK with me!
Here's the 23 week bump!
1 comment:
U r hilarious!!! Write a report on apple juice, r u serious!!!! I died laughing. ANyway you are super cute and I love that u craved that strange cupcake, awesome!
BTW this is Erica Im on Adams blog, I was too lazy to sign out and log into mine....
Post a Comment