Saturday, February 22, 2014

Best Heart Healthy Snacks You Can Buy With Coupons: Fact #22

Yes, I am a crazy couponer. Yes, I do have a stockpile of just-in-case chocolate. Yes, many coupons are for less-than-healthy foods but, yes, you can buy heart-healthy snacks with coupons!

If you want to start couponing but are only looking for heart healthy foods, get tomorrow's newspaper and get online. You'll find a lot of coupons for the types of products listed below. These are all things I have in my fridge and pantry that I purchased with coupons.

-nuts
-trail mix
-fruit (fresh, frozen, dried, and canned)
-salad
-vegetables (fresh, frozen, and canned)
-guacamole
-cereal bars
-rice
-quinoa
-low sodium soup
-whole grain bread and gluten-free alternatives
-cereal
-milk and non-dairy alternatives
-oatmeal
-beans
-tea

Obviously the healthiest options are whole and natural foods but when you're getting things like granola bars, get low-sodium options. It is possible to shop heart smart without breaking the bank!

No comments: