Our adventure began on our way there!

This was only about 30 yards off the Rockville Pike, one of the busiest streets ever and there wasn't water on either side of the road!!
We were so excited to do something we'd never done before!

I had "Strawberry Fields" in my head the whole time!

It was hard work!


I was sweating like a little piggy because it was SOOOO hot! Ryan said I looked like a bucket of water had been poured on my face! Well, it's because I was doing all of the work!


We found cute little berries and giant mutant berries!


We ended up picking about 5 pounds of berries! I froze some to use for making strawberry frozen yogurt in my ice cream maker and the rest I chopped up and mixed with sugar! Yum! We had some for dessert last night with whipped cream, I had some for a snack today and we're having more for dessert tonight when I make strawberry shortcake from scratch! Yum again!
After our berry adventure, we went to one of our favorite places to hang out: Rockville Town Center. When we were there on Memorial Day, we had taquitos from this restaurant, Austin Grill, at the Taste of Rockville. We decided then that we would have to go back and have a full meal at Austin Grill and our food was pretty damn good! Especially the taquitos! Best we've ever had, seriously! So, come visit and we'll go pick berries and eat taquitos!!
1 comment:
Just like my brethren in SoCal!
Post a Comment