Total weight gain? 2 pounds. I'm now poised to gain up to a pound a week for the next 20 weeks. I hope my appetite returns because this part sounds like fun!
How big is baby? About 2 to 2.3 inches, the size of a plum.
Maternity clothes? I'm wearing about 40% maternity and 60% regular. I LOVE my maternity clothes. They're so comfy! I have two small closets and I've divided them into "clothes I can still wear" and "clothes I already can't wear or won't be able to wear when the weather is right". I feel like something moves from the "can wear" to the "can't wear" every day!
Sleep? Is my favorite hobby.
Best moment of the week? Seeing Baby J on Thursday! Each ultrasound is a crazy combination of nervousness and excitement. We are always afraid something will be wrong but have been fortunate so far. Baby J was CRAZY during the ultrasound. We went in for a nuchal translucency screening which is a test used to determine whether the baby is showing signs of Downs Syndrome. They use the ultrasound to measure the fluid on the back of the baby's neck and the length of the nasal bone. To accomplish this, we need a clear profile image of Baby J. This week Baby J just didn't want to be still! It was wiggling and rolling around like crazy! Just two weeks ago, the baby looked like it was twitching a bit and that was the full extent of the movement. This time, we saw tiny legs kicking, Ryan clearly saw a foot, we could see the spine, but never a clear profile - even though we definitely saw a nose, which is a good sign! The ultrasound tech suggested I pee because sometimes that calms the baby. No such luck! Baby flipped totally upside down! In the PDF I attached, you can see the wiggly profile in the first image (with a definite nasal bone) then you can clearly see how Baby flipped over! I had no idea it could move so much, but the tech joked that the uterus is like a trampoline! Now we just picture Baby J having a grand time bouncing off the walls.
Funny moment of the week? I think our best moment was also our funny moment. My mom explained that I was a spaz in the womb too. During labor, the doc had to attach a fetal monitor to my head because I kept knocking it off her belly. The good thing is, I was pretty calm for the first 13 months of my life. I didn't even crawl! So, I'm hoping Baby J will get all of its energy out before being born!
Symptoms? Still sleepy, nauseous, sensitive gums, and the occasional knot in my left butt cheek when I walk a lot.
What I miss? The high waisted skirts I often wore to work have been switched to the "can't wear" closet. They're all really cute, too! I hope I'll be back in them next spring.
What I'm looking forward to? Since Baby J was crazy at our last ultrasound, we get to have another on on Friday! Woohoo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment