Monday, June 13, 2011

9 Weeks 1 Day

How far along? 9 weeks and 1 day according to the sonogram! We have a new estimated due date: December 19! That date just happens to be our 9 year anniversary!! This is one special baby! My lucky numbers are 9 and 19. We're 9 weeks, 1 day, Baby J is due on the 19th, on our 9 year anniversary and now I have a feeling it will weigh 9 lbs 1 oz... (and this week I turn 29!).

Total weight gain? Still just +1 pound!

How big is baby? It's just over an inch long; a little grape!

Maternity clothes? My biggest leftover fat pants are starting to feel snug, especially when I'm stuck at my desk in the afternoon. My belly's grown but sadly, the boobies are not!

Sleep? I feel this fatigue will never end and I won't get a good night's sleep for the next 25 years.

Best moment of the week? Our ultrasound today!! We thought we might get to hear the heartbeat today but that was it. We were totally surprised when the doctor wanted a sonogram to get a more accurate date. At first, Ryan was shocked to see how the sonograms work in these early weeks (not from the outside like you see on tv!) but we were quickly amazed as soon as the screen switched on and the tech said, "oh yeah! You're definitely pregnant!" Then, we saw our little baby!! We saw the little head, little body, little arms, little legs, and little heart beating very strong. And then it moved!! It started wiggling and flapping its little arms like it was excited we were getting a sneak peak and we both started to cry. There was no way you could peel the smiles off our faces. It was truly magical.

Funny moment of the week? Nothing really stands out this week... sorry!

Symptoms? Sleepy, gassy, light-headed, and over the last couple of days, I've felt slightly on the verge of puking. I haven't yet. It takes a long time to feel hungry because I always feel full and there's a very fine line between feeling hungry and nauseous.

What I miss? All of you! Today, we wished we could have shared our joy with you and just spent the day driving around from house to house with the little picture of our little bean.

What I'm looking forward to? Getting to spread the word a little farther this weekend! Jacque's coming down for my birthday weekend and she doesn't know yet!

We'll start the weekly updates again on Monday when we are at 10 weeks!

No comments: