Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our First Visitor!

We were absolutely thrilled to have our first visitor this week: our fabulous friend Karen!! We felt so special to have Karen stay with us because she did a 6-month internship here and knows a ton of people who she could have stayed with. When I was in grad school in Philadelphia we came here to visit Karen while she lived here. It's funny to think that when we visited her back then, we never thought we'd end up here! We went to the same restaurant she took us to in Georgetown (Old Glory... yum!!) and couldn't help but think how strange it was to end up there together again. Now we live here and Karen's totally jealous! She can't wait to finish up her Master's program at Florida State and move back here!! We told her we'll have a room open for her as soon as she's graduated!

Our week was awesome!! We did a bunch of fun stuff like go to the National Zoo (which is awesome for many reasons such as being free and having pandas), hang out in Georgetown, eat great food, make great food, educate ourselves, relax, workout, swim, bowl and play Wii with her friend Eliza and her kids, make homemade organic facial peels, and lots more. It was a nice, no pressure vacation because Karen wanted to relax a ton, see some of her friends, and visit some of her favorite places. One of the best things about DC is all of the food and I realized just this week I had Mexican, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, American BBQ, and Lebanese food! I got to make some new friends too, which was great, and I might actually tutor Eliza's kids this summer.

Here are a couple of pictures from our super fun week:

The kids (Mario, Allie, and Danny)
Photobucket

Ryan and Danny
Photobucket

There's an Alphie (lion) at the Zoo entrance!
Photobucket

California pride
Photobucket

Poor gorilla has a monkey on it's back!
Photobucket

Karen panda
Photobucket

Attacked by a T-Rex!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Enjoying Thai food after a fun day
Photobucket

This week was awesome!! I miss Karen like crazy already!!

Now we're on to a new adventure!! Ryan's Mom, Dad, and brother arrived this evening... and now I'm listening to Ryan and Derek playing Rock Band...

No comments: