After Starbuck's, I went to my mom's to get ready for Eta Kappa Chapter's 20th Anniversary Dinner!! It was so much fun to get dressed up like I was going to a formal again!


Everyone looked so gorgeous and it was sooo much fun to catch up with all of the wonderful women I haven't been able to see over the last few years, especially knowing that I might not see them again until the next anniversary in 5 years!! And of course it was great to hang out with the KARMA girls -Amber (she was at and Elton John concert) and all of the advisors, who I also feel close too!
The next morning, I hung out with my mom for a little bit which was nice and then I met up with all the ADPi's again for a special ceremony, Jewel Degree! It was great to be there to transition Amber and Mindy and all the other women as they became Pi's! (Pi is the last stage of membership in Alpha Delta Pi and it lasts forever!!)
After Jewel Degree, I finally was able to see my dad for his birthday!! I took Dad, Dani, and Joy to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings!! Yum-O! They had never been there before, so I thought it was about time they experienced the best wings ever and they loved it! I was sad I didn't get to see my niece Jhene though... I really was a sad panda!
That evening, I was able to see the KARMA girls again +Crystal!! Mindy prepared a delicious dinner for us to continue our tradition of monthly homemade meals! I love spending time with them!! I miss having girlfriends around soooo much!!
Monday, Amber, Katie and I spent the day at Disneyland!! I freaking love that place!! I was so thrilled to be able to go because Ryan and I got annual passes in December and we were worried we would not use the value of it, but I finally did! In only 4 months, I went to Disneyland 4 times!! We looked so cute all day in our matching t-shirts that read "World Famous Friends"! They were so cute and perfect for us!!
After Disneyland, Amber took me to the airport and I, sadly, left California... but it was strange to arrive back in Maryland because it wasn't like flying to Philadelphia, where I would just get my bags and take the train to my apartment alone; this time, it felt like home because Ryan was there, with a huge grin on his face, excited for me to be home! We've been here now for almost seven weeks and it's really starting to feel right. I had a blast in Cali and AZ, but, like always, it's good to be home!
No comments:
Post a Comment