- People who go above and beyond to create an experience and provide great customer service. We were at our local Home Depot picking up wood for a project. We live in an apartment, so all of our tools literally fit into one tool box, so cutting wood blocks is something that needs to happen elsewhere. The associate was so friendly! Not only did he cut two 16' long boards into 7", 8", and 9" pieces despite their policy of no cuts under 12", he didn't charge us, and he was eager to involve Logan, giving him eye and ear protection and handing him the blocks to put in the cart. What could have been a more tedious experience became a memorable learning experience for all of us.
- A girl's night in. I love doing projects and I don't always like to do them alone. A craft night is the perfect way to gather girlfriends who might not know each other in a no-pressure situation because you get to know each other while working on a project This is the perfect way for an introvert to be comfortably surrounded by the people they care about. Plus, I love being the hostess! Everyone had a fun night and we created some awesome holiday decor.
- Sweet friends who have offered over and over to lend a hand and a prayer this week. Without family nearby, I don't know how we would get through the week without our wonderful friends!

Today, I am grateful for:
- The random perks that come with living in the nation's capital. There are so many amazing free and fulfilling things to do here on a daily basis. It's great to always have something fun to look forward to and new to learn.
- TV. Yes, I love TV! I love that Ryan and I have favorite shows we look forward to watching every week and I love learning from TV. Without "Extreme Couponing" or "Doomsday Preppers" we would be so unprepared for life's little emergencies.
- My ability to comfort Logan. I think all moms worry they aren't doing a good job. Sometimes we need to watch for the signs our children give us every day. When Logan's scared he comes to me. When he's frustrated, I am generally able to help him understand why. When he's angry or upset, I know just what to do or say to soothe him about 75% of the time. I often worry I'm not doing enough, but these wins remind me I'm doing just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment