Sunday, November 16, 2014

November Gratitude: Day 16

Today, I am grateful for:
  • my senses, and knowing they work well most of the time. Sometimes I feel things, physically, a bit more than I should, thanks to my overactive nerves, but everything else is normal. Today though, I have a sore throat an no voice. Being a solo parent this weekend was really challenging! I couldn't raise my voice to respond when he was calling for me at the park today, we couldn't sing songs together, and I barely made it through one book at bed time. Logan was so sad when I tried to explain that I couldn't read more or sing because I didn't feel well and needed medicine. I don't know how parents are able to manage if they can't see, speak, or hear. I am so grateful those parts of my body generally work!
  • for a husband who is a great father to Logan and a great support to me. I am so fortunate!
  • grocery stores. I am fascinated with shows about Alaska, homesteading, prepping, and surviving, and while I believe I am more prepared for emergencies than most city dwellers, I am happy I don't have to do those things every day and am able to take advantage of grocery stores!

No comments: