Saturday, November 15, 2014

November Gratitude: Days 14 & 15

Yesterday, I was grateful for:


  • my sweet friend, Bryana. Everyone needs a Bryana in their life-- a friend they can count on for just about anything. She is such a huge help to our little family and such a great all around friend, she's become a part of our family and I don't know what we would do without her.
  • a regular paycheck, especially this time of year. During the holidays people are often stressed and will overstretch themselves and even steal to provide for the people they love. I feel fortunate that I am not in that position because I can count on my paycheck and have been planning for the holidays all year (note to everyone: Don't go in my closet!).
  • Logan's bedtime routine-- it hasn't changed since he was an infant: Potty (formerly diaper change), bath or wash up, floss and brush teeth, lotion, jammies, books, songs, sleep. Works 98% of the time, no matter where we are. No matter how long the day feels, I know the routine will go smoothly and I get to end the day on a positive note snuggling with clean cutie pie, reading the books and singing the songs he loves.
Today, I am grateful for:
  • the chance to take Logan to his very first play: Tiny Tim's A Christmas Carol. Despite the scary ghosts, he really enjoyed it. He had a great conversation with Tiny Tim after the show and told him he liked it and wants to see it again. He really wanted to go back immediately but I promised him we would see more plays this winter and we would definitely go back.
  • the arguments I have with Logan. Standing by his opinion and actions shows me he has a strong character and won't be afraid to stand up for himself. I try my hardest not to get frustrated in these moments and try to turn them into learning opportunities.
  • ice cream. Because some evil genius somehow created one of the most simple, most delicious, treats on earth, and it's my favorite. Logan's too. He likes pink.

No comments: