As a full-time mommy and wife who also works full-time outside of the home, I rarely have the opportunity to spend an entire day with my sweet little Logan. His daycare was closed for Columbus Day and Ryan had to work so I took the day off and got to spend the whole day with him without having to share him with Ryan! I know, I know, it's selfish -- but Logan is such a sweetheart, it's hard to share his snuggles!
We started the day with breakfast at my favorite bagel place across the street from my office where two of my friends joined us before they had to share him with everyone else. A few of my colleagues have organized a fitness challenge and I am the official keeper of the weights, a.k.a. "The ScaleMaster," so we stopped by the office for our weekly weigh-in. Logan weighed-in at 24 pounds! He's totally winning. ;-P
After we left the office, we walked over to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History for a play date with Rakelle and her 8-month old daughter, Mila. Seeing Logan and Mila together is hilarious. Logan is calm about 90% of the time and Mila is calm about 85% of the time; Logan totally notices that 5% difference. Whenever Mila would fuss, even slightly, he would just lean forward in his stroller, turn his full body to look at her, and just stare. I imagined him thinking, "damn, what is that girl doing? This place is cool, just look at the dinosaur and calm down, yo." We let them crawl around in one of the theaters for a little bit and Mila crawled all over him. The one time he half-heartedly attempted to crawl away, she held on to his sweater. I love this museum and can't wait until Logan is ready to learn about everything on display there.
Logan hadn't been on the National Mall in quite awhile and he looked to cute in his beanie on this chilly fall day, I had to snap a few pictures. He's so stinking cute. We also rode the carousel for the first time and Logan, like he is with most new experiences, was completely nonchalant about it. I love my kid!
I loved our special day. I wish we could have special days every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment