We had a good time playing Apples to Apples, eating all the yummy food Jason prepared for us (even a special veggie dish just for me), and partying the night away.
Since then, we've been dealing with an unexpected flood and been busy planning our future together!!
Yes, we had a flood! It hasn't been over 40 degrees in the last 3 weeks (the snow from our snowman is still on our balcony from the blizzard on December 19th), so all the freezing and unfreezing caused the apartment 2 floors above ours to burst! Thank goodness we were home otherwise everything in our living room and bedroom would have been ruined! It was so bad, it was dripping through our floor and into the lobby below us. All of our stuff was shoved into one side of our apartment, the carpet was lifted, the padding was torn out, and we had industrial fans running in both rooms for over 48 hours. Fortunately, we have guest suites we were able to stay in because we still had to function! Unfortunately, they didn't replace the carpet or dry the interior of the wall so we might be moving a little sooner than we thought.
Our lease is up in March and we've been planning on moving closer to the city. Ryan's current commute to work is about 45 minutes and he would prefer if it was 5 minutes like everyone in the city! We started looking at apartments last week and think we might have found a winner that's only 11 minutes from Ryan's office (big points for him) and just might have room for a kitchen table (big points for me)! Plus, it's right across the street from a Morton's Steakhouse (points for Ryan) and next door to a Cosi (points for me)!
Also helpful for our future is the fact that I had my first interview in months! Yay! It's been promising so far and I will know next week. I'll keep you up to date on that! Until then, I was kept at Borders after the holidays, so I have something to do in the meantime and I don't feel like I'm completely abusing the unemployment system.
Wedding news:
-we'll be using the blog as our wedding website, so as things become permanent will keep you posted and important links will be up on the sidebar
-we don't have the ring yet, but we know what we want
-we know what kind of wedding we want (casual, yummy food, no dancing) and we want it to be in California
-it will most likely be in a restaurant near the coast (the list is down to 5)
-the date will probably be August 29, 2010 (I like the way it sounds when you say "eight, twenty-nine, twenty-ten")
-I've chosen my bridesmaids (Amber, Jenn, and Jacque) and Maid of Honor (Dani)!
-Ryan's chosen his groomsmen, but hasn't asked them yet
-I have my dress! I can't wait to wear it!
-Only seven and a half months to go!
2 comments:
Thanks for the updates! I cant wait to hear more =)
Looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment