You never realize how much you miss your couch until it is gone!! When the movers arrived yesterday we were so excited at the thought of sitting on our couches! Not just because they are extremely comfortable to begin with, but because couches provide better support than the carpet and wall, counter top, or toilet lid (yes, our bathroom is clean and Ryan wanted to sit on a seat to eat his chicken bake after a hard day of work!). Yesterday was crazy though! Ryan left for work as the movers arrived so I had to take care of everything on my own. It started pretty slowly with the movers (Phil (the driver), Ronald, and Reggie) bringing in boxes, but I just watched for awhile because I wasn't supposed to actually open the boxes. Finally, they opened up a wardrobe box so I could have something to do. A few minutes later, Phil introduced me to Sarah who would be unpacking the kitchen. This little old lady was fast!! I swear ten minutes later Phil came in to tell me I needed to start putting things away in the kitchen because Sarah was running out of space. I was seriously running around in circles in the kitchen! I'd load one counter top into a cupboard and start on another and the one I had previously packed was already full again. Then the movers started bringing in more stuff and they had to keep asking me where I wanted the furniture placed, which boxes of books went into which rooms, and where to put stuff they were already unpacking. Then, while I was already going bananas, the crate people arrived to uncrate the tv. Then, while I was still going bananas and the crate people were uncrating the tv, the maintenance guy arrived to replace the light bulbs that were out in the bathroom and closet and fix our toilet seat problem (the counter above the toilet sits out too far, causing the lid and seat to fall at times when they should stay up... if you use your imagination, you can imagine what kind of mess that can create ;-)). It only took about three or four hours for the movers to get everything unloaded and unpacked. Then, all of a sudden, everyone was gone and so were the boxes. I was left with a small path to walk through and mounds of stuff on every surface! Our couches were here but there was so much stuff on it, I couldn't sit down!! Our bed had at least two feet of stuff on it!! I didn't even know where to begin! I just made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and sat down in the middle of it and tried to figure out where to begin. I don't think I even came up with a method and for awhile it just felt like I moved stuff from room to room, but it wasn't long before clothes were hung in the closet, a couch was revealed, and I got enough off of the bed to be able to wash all the linens and make sure we had a place to sleep last night!
Today, we had our internet, phone, and cable set up. We are so happy to have tv and an improved version!! We now have On Demand and DVR! Woo hoo!! While the cable guy was here, I shifted the furniture around in the living room to give it a more open feel and started to set up the kitchen the way I really wanted!! Our kitchen and closets are done and the living room is about 80%, the bathroom about 90%, bedroom about 70%, and I estimate we'll be 100% everywhere by Saturday and that includes having stuff up on the walls!! Woo hoo! We rock! Once we're done unpacking we can refocus on finding a dining table and some patio furniture. Our place finally feels like a home!
4 comments:
Dang, can ya send some motivation down south of you? LOL My Moma nd Sis are due here this weekend so hopefully I'll be 100% done then too.
Took you 48 hours to complete everything...Me,4-8 months...
Can't wait to see some pictures of everything all set up!!!
Great Job! Been there, done that a few times myself, I know it's a lot of work and exhausting! I miss you so much! I love you, Mom
Post a Comment