Thursday, January 12, 2012

Little Ocean Friends

A few weeks ago, we started putting Logan on his little activity mat/play gym. Initially he showed no interest but we kept putting him in it so he would have something to look at other than the ceiling. I would shake all the little animals hanging around him and say, "this is your friend, Octopus. Say 'hi' to Octopus. This is your friend Turtle. Say 'hi' to Turtle." Then, early one morning (like 2:30am early when he was super fussy with a tummy ache) I put him on the mat and he started interacting with his friend Starfish! He would bat at Starfish and when it stopped moving, he said "bah!" Then, he would grab it, wiggle it, and when he let go and it stopped moving, he said "bah!" He talked to Starfish for about 20 minutes. It was so cute and so awesome to see him recognize something and actually play with it. I could imagine all the little connections happening in his brain and it was beautiful.