Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend with the Pino Family

We had the pleasure of spending half of our weekend with the Pino family! We just love them!! I've been friends with Averi and Max since the summer before I started high school. Averi and I were on the flag team together and Max was our groupie! ;-) Even though they've lived all over the world we all think it's wonderful that we all ended up living in Virginia, less than four hours away from each other which means we get to see each other a few times a year.

They were in DC this weekend for a special occasion: Max's graduation! Congrats Max! I think it's so awesome that his children were able to see him in a cap and gown and receiving his diploma. Saturday, we were able to watch Max's graduation and do some sightseeing afterward. Kalee was so excited to see the founding documents at the National Archives. Friday, we met them for dinner at the National Harbor which is where Ryan and I became engaged a year and a half ago. On the day we were engaged, it was also the coldest day of the winter, so it was much more pleasant to be there on a nice summer evening. We had the fortunate timing of being inside eating dinner for the first brief rain storm, and then under an awning enjoying gelato for the second brief rain storm. Between the rain, we walked around the harbor, the kids played in the sand, and Averi and I took some pictures to celebrate two additional special occasions: we're both pregnant! Averi is eleven days more pregnant than me!

Kalee and Bear had fun climbing all over Poseidon.




Bear had fun throwing sand... such a boy!



Averi and I took a few pictures to show off our baby bumps!



No comments: