Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Second surgery

I've never had luck with my tonsils... and healing from my tonsillectomy was just going too easily. 13 days had passed since my surgery and I was just branching out to easy to chew foods like chicken and was really looking forward to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when suddenly, an hour after eating a popsicle, I felt like I had a backward nosebleed! I ran to the bathroom, coughed up some blood, turned to Ryan and said, "emergency room! Now!" Our brief visit to the ER left us with instructions to take come cough syrup, sleep sitting up, and call my ENT first thing in the morning. When I saw the doctor and he learned that I bled off and on all night, he decided to get me back into surgery again that afternoon. After pumping the blood out of my stomach and getting a breathing tube that gave me blisters on my tongue, my doctor decided to re-cauterize the right side where the tonsil used to be. I got stuck in the house all weekend again, healing and on codeine, and was back to work on Monday, whispering and practically falling asleep at my desk.I'm so lucky to have Ryan taking such good care of me at home and my girls helping me out at work! Hopefully, I'll be fully healed soon! I really miss eating regular food and would like to get back in the gym asap!!

No comments: