Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finally Back in DC

We went to California for Ryan's 30th birthday and to so some wedding planning and ended up staying a little longer than anticipated. We flew to Cali the day before DC was hit with the storm of the century! Literally! The last time this area saw 30 inches of snow was in the 1920s and, before then, the 1700s! So, yeah, it's pretty rare. Pretty much everything was shut down from noon last Friday until Thursday, which is why we were snowed out! We were supposed to fly back Wednesday but the airports were closed pretty much everywhere in the northeast, so we rescheduled for yesterday and got home safely. It was nice for both of us to spend a few more days in Cali but for different reasons. Ryan got to hang out with his friends and family and I got to lay in bed attempting to recover from a horrible sinus infection. I was in bed all day Monday, made it out for a few hours to have dinner with Christine, but that took all the energy I had left and I was stuck in bed til Thursday afternoon. I managed to make it out of bed to go to dinner on Thursday and to fly home Friday, but now I feel worse than I have in days! I promise I will be at the doctor's on Monday!

No comments: