The weekend before Halloween, I was able to head down to Virginia to spend the weekend with Averi, Max, and the kids, Kalee and Bear. It was great to be able to cook dinner with Averi and Kalee, celebrate Averi being cancer-free (and doing wonderfully) with vegan cupcakes and spiced tea, and chat the night away with good old friends! We spent the following day sight-seeing in Colonial Williamsburg which was just awesome! You all know I'm a history nerd so I would have been in heaven going through it all on my own, but it was so much better seeing it all through the eyes of a curious six-year-old. Kalee was my sweet little student all day. Spending the day with everyone brought me so much joy, it was so hard to leave!

An old, old cemetary!

A Kalee monkey on my back to see the live history over the crowd.

Showing Kalee what different kids might have carried with them in colonial times. One child was a drumming soldier, one a slave, another an aristocrat.

Averi and me.
The week before Halloween, Ryan and I were able to sneak away to a pumpkin patch and it was the Disneyland of pumpkin patches! It had a live music (a guitarist was playing "Puff the Magic Dragon" as we walked in), hot cider, a corn "maze", tractor rides, farm animals (including llamas), slides, a swinging rope, and, of course, a cornucopia of squash and pumpkins! We really wished we had a kid to enjoy it all with! We picked out two great pumpkins for carving and got two little ones to accessorize the big ones. We had a fun night carving them on Halloween eve and received lots of compliments from our trick-or-treaters on Halloween. They especially loved Ryan's! I do feel bad for disappointing my trick-or-treaters though. Ryan suggested I look for something a little healthier to give out this year and I thought it was a great idea because I was unable to eat chocolate because of the vegan study, so I got mini bags of pretzels. We set them up on a little table right inside the door and were shocked when we heard kids coming up to the door and continue walking right on by saying, "that's not candy!!" Oh, no! We knew it be a disappointing night if all kids felt that way, so we closed the door! I feel so bad for disppointing the kids, but I bet moms loved me!!
The bridge rocked side to side! I'm carrying hot apple cider! Yum!
A prized pumkin!
The wine was making me happy, therefore my pumpkin was happy!
Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater!
1 comment:
Oh your pumpkins came out great! And I love seeing you two all dressed up in coats, it makes me miss Autumn! St.Kitts isn't really known for it's seasonal changes.
Post a Comment