Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally!

Most of you know I have been searching rigorously for the perfect job since April to no avail. I had an amazing internship along the way that helped me realize what I really want to do is Student Affairs! It makes my heart happy! I've been on interview after interview and was even offered a receptionist position I turned down because it wasn't quite right.

Today I learned practice makes perfect! I was offered a position at American University that's better than all of the jobs I have interviewed for! I am their new Coordinator for Greek Life!! I was offered the position on the spot thanks to the recommendations I received from the departments that rejected me and my ability to stand up to their recommendations! The Dean and AVP who interviewed me were so excited I accepted they jumped up and gave each other a high five! I can tell I'm going to love it there! I start on Monday!

6 comments:

Moore Family said...

Yay you!!! I knew you would find the perfect fit!!!

Holly said...

Yay!!! Congrats!!! That sounds awesome :)

Mattilyn's mommy said...

Congratulations!! Sounds like an exciting job...and one you'll love! I'm glad the hard work paid off!!

Colleen said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you! I've been waiting to hear a good result from your job search! Way to rock it sister!

Lucia Diaz said...

I am so happy for you!! Congrats what a great job for you!!

James and Traci said...

Finally! You really deserve a great job! You will do amazing!